top of page

*You can find similar resource categories for your county (This is primarily for Washtenaw County)


  • Housing Waiting List  for Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) or Affordable Housing (units owned by AAHC)

  • Eviction Prevention call HAWC at 734-961-1999. Call Legal Aid at 734-665-6181 or visit to understand your options & how to protect yourself.

  • Donations  for Support Services for Affordable Housing Projects (includes youth summer and after-school programs, community building such as community gardens and art programs, food programs, eviction prevention, job programs, and health programs) 

  • Community Presentation about the AAHC, local affordable housing market, and local housing development initiatives

  • Current and Historic Plans

  • Freedom of Information Request - SummaryProcedure and GuidelinesItemization

  • Supportive services study  analyzing the impact of tenant supportive services offered at eight Housing Commission properties in 2020-21


Free Phone for bridge card/SSI/Medicaid etc. recipients (Laquaia Thomas: 313-770-8065)

Inquire since you may need it for finding your work, information for your education and many other necessities for your day to day duties. Contact Laquaia to see if you can receive a phone.


Providing friend to friend conversation which some may say counseling/therapy:

Nayeema Ahmed (email to schedule)

Katie M. Wyss, LMSW (private pay)

218 N Fourth Ave, Suite 207

Ann Arbor, MI 48104


*Other therapists could assist you too who would take your insurance at


Disability counselor and benefits:


Ann Arbor Thrift Shop:

3500 Washtenaw Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48104

734 662 6771

*House by the side of the Road, Salvation Army, and Kiwanis are good resources too.

Friends indeed:

1196 Ecorse Road, Ypsilanti, MI 48198

734 484 5357


Alcohol and Drug rehabilitation center:

SAMSHA (Substance Abuse and mental Health Services Administration)

1 800 662 Help (4357)

Washtenaw Alano Club

Alcoholics Anonymous

Dawn Farm Spera Recovery Center

Cares program /CMH (community mental health): 

734 544 3050


Holistic Medicine:

Natural Balance Wellness medical Center

734 929 2696

Legal Aid:

Family Law Project (FLP)

15 S. Washington St.

Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Phone: (734) 998-9454

Fax: (734) 998-9125


Tax and notary service:

Address: 301 W Michigan Ave Suite 300, Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Phone(734) 483-5200

Additional Notary Service:


U of M pediatric and other law clinics

Hope Center: health clinic for uninsured and other services for less income

518 Harriet St., Ypsilanti ,MI 48197

734 484 2989

PACE Program: Resources for modest income and more.

Address: 2940 Ellsworth Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Phone(734) 572-5777


WIPA/TTW (Ticket to work): transition out of disability or maintaining work while disabled:

Christina Oliver

Washtenaw Association for Community Advocacy

(734) 662-1256 Ext. 209

Fax: (734) 662-2699


Parenting class MSU:

Kylie Rymanowicz, CFLE

Extension Educator

Michigan State University Extension

723 Emerson Street

Saginaw, MI 48607


Michigan Works:

304 Harriet St., Ann Arbor, MI 48197

734 714 9814


Transportation (Ann Arbor area):

Bus and flex ride, contact Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (AATA)



Permanent/Extended Rotation Home: (Women United):

Our future shelter/shelters

Court Clerk (Washtenaw County):



Caregiver and daycare for employment:

Google this category for employment in your area.



Inquire information from a high school.

Higer Education: 

Contact WCC (Washtenaw Community College)

  • 4800 E. Huron River DriveAnn Arbor, MI48105-4800

  • 734-973-3300



Child Protective Service (CPS)/Adult Protective Service (APS)/Ombudsman/Guardian:

DHHS (Department of Health and Human Services)

Probate Court

A Guardian Contact: Karen Wilson

The Arc Muskegon


Tax expert:

U of M clinics


Case management:

Nayeema/Community Mental Health/Cares Program

DV and other Shelters:

You could google DV/other shelters in your area if you need urgent shelter for you and your family. You could speak to the shelters and go through the intake process for your transition.

  • you could find about other resources too and share with us.. 


bottom of page